Goodreads Link this has all the info to the book. Check it out! 🙂
Here it is. Recently , after months and years of seeing this book all over book stores and internet , I decided to pick up Cinder by Marissa Meyer. Through the years I’ve always thought this book was seriously overhyped by everyone who read it, and that (sadly) is the reason why I never read it. Until now.
My brain used to say “EVERYONE is reading this. Don’t be like the rest” and I listened. But this past Sunday morning something happened. While browsing through my amazon prime book thingy (Can’t remember the name really) I stumbled upon this book once again. And my brain NOW said “It’s time” Thank you brain.
Basically this are the reason why everyone should read this book and the things I liked and disliked and what I’m hoping for the rest of The Lunar chronicle series, which I’m very excited for.
- If you’re into fantasy,dystopian and cyborgeshingg books you’re in for a treat (I seriously have no idea what category is this placed under to be honest) BECAUSE this is a ix of that and more.
- If you like Fairytale re-tellings with awesome twists what are you waiting for? Read it. because this is what this is. A retelling. an awesome one at that.
- If you love to pretty much despise the mean guy (or girls!?) and want to reach into the story and pull the trigger yourself or make a hoover have a crash? This is for you
- If you love a prince? Well, Kai is good so far. ahah
- If you love awesome and amazing Side-kicks such as Iko. You’ll just love her and your heart will melt Like my does whenever I think of her (Pun untended here *Wink, wink*)
- If you love cliffhangers that are not so bad because the next book promises to be amazing? Yup this is the one.
So if you said yes or nodded your head to any of these go ahead and read it and if you have already read it , you might as well read it again. Because…Just because. The thing that I liked the most was how it was so full of action, which I was not expecting. The main characters didn’t make annoying decisions that made me want to bang my head on a wall (except for one that is) in fact Cinder is probably the coolest Thing ever.
I like how all the characters where super funny and sarcastic I also enjoyed that romance was a mayor element of the story but it was not instalove, in fact I’m pretty sure the love is still not there taking a back sit while the main plot was taking place since the begining. ahah.
Marissa Meyer live in Tacoma, Washington, with my fiancé and two cats. In addition to her slight obsession with books and writing, she’s big on road-tripping, wine-tasting, and hunting for antiques. and is represented by Jill Grinberg.
CINDER, her debut novel, a futuristic re-envisioning of Cinderella in which Cinder is a cyborg mechanic. Release date: 3 Jan 2012.