Author: Colleen Hoover
Length: 367 Pages
Series: Maybe Someday 1
Publisher: Atria Books
Published Date: March 18th 2014
Gender: Music, Contemporary, NA and Romance.
Rating: ★★★★★ ( 5 OUT OF 5).
How I got it?: Paperback.
At twenty-two years old, Sydney has a great life: She’s in college, working a steady job, in love with her wonderful boyfriend, Hunter, and rooming with her best friend, Tori. But everything changes when she discovers Hunter’s cheating on her–and she is left trying to decide what to do next.
Sydney becomes captivated by Ridge, her mysterious neighbor. She can’t take her eyes off him or stop listening to the passionate way he plays his guitar every evening out on his balcony. And there’s something about Sydney that Ridge can’t ignore, either. When their inevitable encounter happens, they soon find themselves needing each other in more ways than one…
“For her I bend, for you I break.”
It’s been four days since i read this beautiful books and it’s still hard to put everything into perspective. I can’t really describe how different , heartbreaking, beautiful this book was. My emotions made my heart clench and my eyes blur throughout the book and still don’t know how is it that i didn’t cry.. I giggles like a school girl and I sign and i felt entirely in love with the book. I’m a lover of everything CoHo and I still don’t know why or how I waited to so long to read this book since I’ve had it on my bookshelf since the week it came out.
I have been thinking about how can I go into this review without spilling the story and it’s very hard. But I think the best way to really experience it is like a I did, which is to go blindly into it. Not know what to expect and be blown away by Ridge and Sidney and their life. I wont tell you a lot because going into it I hope you’ll fall in love and hope again.
Here is what I will tell you; Sydney and Ridge are the main characters of the story. Their connection is beyond the realm of reality, Their love is connected in so may levels, and they know it. They know what they could do and be together. The love they fell for music just one of the things they share and the thing that brought them together. but as much as they would wish and long to be together is nor possible because Ridge is with someone else – Yes. I know. But they were such good people, both Ridge and Sydney that things just… worked. But they have tehy hope that Maybe Someday they can make it work. Or Not.
I felt frustration, I felt torn at points,I wanted to hate people but ended up loving them. It was painful and lifting. Hopeful but truthful and even thought I HATE love triangles I didn’t hate this one; it pained me and stole my breath way.t was. this book was beautifully written and I couldn’t have asked for a better story. It was perfect. and I don’t think I could have asked colleen Hoover for a better love story. Thank you!
- “For her I bend, for you I break.”
- “Sometimes in life, we need a few bad days in order to keep the good ones in perspective.”
- “I…will never…regret you.”
- “Hey, heart. Are you listening? You and I are officially at war.”
- “It’s you,” he says aloud. “My heart… wants you.”
- “The more I open up to him, the more I need him. The more I admit to myself that I need him, the most it hurts to know that I still don’t exactly have him.”
- I felt you give me a piece of your heart. And Sydney, I wanted it. I wanted your heart more than I’ve ever wanted anything. The second I reached down and held your hand in mine, it happened. My heart made its choice, and it chose you.”
- “People don’t get to choose who they fall in love with. They only get to choose who they stay in love with.”
There is much more I could and want to say about this, But it’s best I stay quiet.