I am so sorry I have been gone for so long just posting random times of the weeks but I am back on schedule and I’m exited. Today I’m doing Musing Mondays!
Musing Mondays is a meme created by MizB at Should be reading were you can muse about one of the following each week…
• Describe one of your reading habits.
• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• What book are you currently desperate to get your hands on? Tell us about it!
• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
• Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!
• Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!
Today I’m talking about a reading habit that i have. Well more than one. HE-HE
The first thing that I’ll talk about is one that a lot of people seem to be concern about and that is Bookmarks. Now me? I am not a huge bookmark fan. I don’t think I own more that 3 ,I bet I have may less; I am one of those people who bookmark books with anything and everything I have close by: Receipts, blank-paper, post-sticks, pencil, napkins, Necklaces 0.0 and my favorite Dog Ears. YES! The kind where you fold the corner of that last page you read, that page where you found THAT favorite passage. I am one of those, I can say that I go as far as highlighting and writing on the edges of my books. Sorry I’m not sorry.
People,repeatedly, have come on to me and said how wrong that is, I have seen people complain again and again about this on the internet and I do understand what they mean. Because come on! Write on my beautiful copy of Jane Austen? Or my amazing Looking for Alaska copy? isn’t that insane? Probably. But the way I see it is like this; If I like a book as much as to write and highlight it, is because I want that the next person who sees my books, the next person to whom I lend it to, when my kids read it when I’m older, when I re-read them later on; I want all of them to know what I felt as I read it. I want to remember what that book thought me. Why my love of book is a living thing. I want to have every page as dog-earn as possible because that way I know I took as much as i could from a book. I want to remember later on what it was like in that world even when my world was chaos.
That is why I am one of those people. ❤
Are you one of those? Not? let me know, I’d love to know!